Ministry residency at Grabill Missionary Church
The goal of this two-year residency program is to prepare people for sustainable and effective ministry. The program will be based at Grabill Missionary Church. It will include housing and a stipend.
Our vision is to give a person two years of ministry leadership experience as they begin their professional ministry career, making them more prepared and effective as a leader for future ministry opportunities.
- Interns will have completed a college degree, will have evidenced a call to pastoral ministry, will commit to participate for two years (with the possibility of the church or the intern opting out at the completion of one year).
- Interns will be part of the church staff, learning to
work as part of a team.
- Interns will learn work habits, the flow of a ministry
week and year, the spiritual disciplines helpful to ministry effectiveness,
pastoral care, volunteer management, how to exegete the ministry culture, and
how to lead change in a given ministry setting.
- Interns will complete a reading list and participate
in discussions on those books.
- Interns will work through increasingly complex
The program will be most helpful to people who need practical church ministry experience and who may or may not be interested in classic seminary training. It is intentionally not connected to any academic institutions.
- Clear calling into vocational ministry
- Graduation from college
- Ministry experience (even as volunteer)
- Clear ministry competence and leadership potential
- Successful completion of application process
- Completed application
- Background check
- Interview with Grabill Missionary Church pastoral
- Three references
- Monthly stipend