Our Purpose...• To Exalt God
• To Edify the believer
• To Evangelize the world
Our Goal ...To glorify God by the testimony of our complete acceptance of and reliance upon the work of Jesus Christ, our dependence on the presence and power of the Holy Spirit and our commitment to the inspired Word of God as the basis of instruction to the believer
- To provide meaningful opportunities for public worship and instruction which will strengthen the believer's relationship with God
- To provide opportunities for believers to engage in fellowship with each other and service to each other and the community so that they can be built up together in their faith
- To stimulate believers to an aggressive personal and corporate ministry of sharing their faith in Jesus Christ with those who have not yet believed
- To carry on a program of missionary involvement that extends the message and ministry of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to people around the world
- To reach out to the people of northeast Allen County with the Gospel of Christ
- To develop strong, healthy, growing Christians who are part of the GMC family and who are consistently maturing in their walk with Christ and service to Him
- To maintain our commitment to the preaching and teaching of God's word as the centerpiece of our life transforming ministry
- To maintain the integrity of our tradition as a conservative evangelical church while remaining open and willing to try new methods and models of ministry that will enable us to more effectively reach and minister to the unique community of people that live in northeast Allen County
- To develop ministry to the family (children, youth and adults) as the unique niche that sets us apart from the other churches of our community
- To intentionally increase our involvement in world outreach through giving, going and sending. Specific involvement might include:
- financial giving
- participation in short term missions experiences
- sending cross-cultural career missionaries
- To equip each person who is a regular part of the GMC family to have a clearly identified ministry in the body of Christ
- To see consistent growth in our ministry so that over the next 7 to 10 years there will be 1000 to 1200 people regularly involved in our weekend worship and 800-1000 regularly involved in our education and training ministries
Our Statement Of FaithThe statement of faith and practice to which Grabill Missionary Church is committed is as follows:
- We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
- We believe in one God, creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on high, He now is our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, and indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost; only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only grounds for justification and salvation for all who believe; only such as receive Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God.
- We believe that the true Church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been born again by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the Head
- We believe in the personal, imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this hope has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead - of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, of the unbeliever to judgement and everlasting conscious punishment.